Destination Management Castries St Lucia | St Lucia Destination Management Website
Welcome to the FAQ’s section of our website
Getting To St Lucia Is Easy
There are a wide range of daily flights to Saint Lucia from Europe, the United Kingdom, USA, Canada and other Caribbean Islands.
Major Airports in Saint Lucia
• Hewannorra International Airport is located in southern St. Lucia (Airport Code: “UVF”). Airlines that fly to this airport include: Air Canada, BA, BWIA, Virgin Atlantic, US Air, American Airlines, Jet Blue and Condor.
• The George FL Charles Airport, also known as ‘Vigie’, is located in northern Saint Lucia (Airport Code: “SLU”). Airlines that fly to this airport include: American Eagle, LIAT and Air Caribe.
• From Europe and the United Kingdom – Flights will arrive at the Hewannorra International Airport.
• From the USA and Canada – Flights from mainland USA & Canada arrive at Hewannorra International Airport while flights connecting in San Juan, Puerto Rico arrive at The George Charles Airport.
• Caribbean Inter-Island Flights – Most inter-island flights operate to/from the smaller George FL Charles Airport in Castries. However, some flights do fly from Hewannorra International Airport for international connections. Please check which airport is listed for each individual flight.
Always check with airlines directly since flight schedules are subject to changes.
The exchange rate is fixed against the US dollar at approximately $2.67 EC per dollar.
The value against the Euro, the British Pound and other currencies varies with the value of the US dollar.
Please note that US dollars are accepted almost everywhere, however if you pay in US dollars, you may receive your change in EC$.
You must have an international driving permit or purchase a temporary permit (approximately US$20) to drive in Saint Lucia and proof of a valid driver's license is required.
Please note that we drive on the left side of the road in Saint Lucia and the roads tend to be quite steep and winding in certain areas. There are also limited lighting and markings.